Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Line chart, String values at y-axis

Hello everybody,

like i said in the titel of this poste, i tried to display string values at the y-axis of a line chart and it didn´t work.

If i transfer the string values into int´s with the following statement

if(Status = 'Zurückgestellt', 1,if(Status ='Offen',2,if(Status ='In Analyse',3,if(Status = 'Analysiert',4,if(Status ='In Bearbeitung',5,if(Status = 'Realisiert',6,if(Status = 'Abgenommen',8,if(Status='Geschlossen',9,if(Status = 'In Abnahme',7))))))))) as NumStatus,

it works. (On the y-axis is the status of the Project and at the x-axis the date, so you´re able to see when the status did change)

I think the usability with the numbers at the y-axis is not very good and i don´t want wo write a legend wich explains the meaning of every number because i don´t like the look.

Has anybody an idea, how (or even if its just possible......) i can display string at the y-axis of a line chart (Combo-Chart would be ok too).

Thank you very much!

2 Replies
Not applicable
Author

See if this is kind of what you had in mind.  There is not a very easy way to get the string as the axis, but you can kind of fake it by using the Dual function and some text boxes. 

Not applicable
Author

Hey rebeccad,

i did it almost like you.

Thank you very much