Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Line chart – is it possible to include volumes on data points?

Hello all.

I have a line chart which tracks the average weight of patients following surgery.

Dimensions:

Year

Procedure Type

Expression:

Average Weight

The chart works well, however the number of patients attending a check-up 10 years after surgery is significantly lower than those attending 1 or 2 years after surgery – and the average weight of 2 patients isn’t really useful to anyone…

I was wondering if it’s possible to include the volume of patients on each data point?

Checking Values On Data Points obviously displays the average weight rather than the number of patients.

Thanks in advance, Michael.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Use as expression something like dual(count(Patients), avg(Weight)). Replace Patients and Weight with the correct field names of your data model.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Use as expression something like dual(count(Patients), avg(Weight)). Replace Patients and Weight with the correct field names of your data model.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks gwassenaar – this is useful and is very nearly perfect, however…

I have a variable toggle button to hide/show the values on the data points (as it can become very crowded) in which case the second part of the dual statement is displayed, so it’s showing the value for avg(weight) rather than count(patient).

If I switch avg(weight) and count(patient) around in the dual expression then the values on data points works, but the y axis switches to count(patient) rather than avg(weight) which is not good.

Hope than makes sense and thanks again.

Not applicable
Author

=dual(count(PATIENT),avg(WEIGHT))

By the way – if I check Values on Data Points for the above expression it displays the count(PATIENT) value, although I can’t control whether or not it’s displayed.

If I uncheck Values on Data Points and use a variable in the Show Value sub-expression then it displays the avg(WEIGHT) value which is not what I want – but I can control whether or not it is displayed.

Gysbert_Wassenaar

Not really. I don't understand how you show/hide the values on the datapoints. Are you using the Text Color setting of the expression? Something like if(vShow, color(1), red(0)). With that nothing gets displayed if vShow is false since red(0) means 100% transparant red.

Not applicable
Author

I have a button labelled ‘show/hide’ which toggles the variable vShowValues between 0 and 1.

In the Show Value sub-expression I have =vShowValues

Gysbert_Wassenaar

Ah, right. I see the issue now. Well, try keeping Values on Data Points enabled and use the Text Color setting instead.

Not applicable
Author

That works – thanks for your help Gysbert, I really appreciate it.