Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ttollin11
Contributor III
Contributor III

Line chart overlapping lines for count - time

As the title says, I am trying to create a line chart that has data representing the separate counts but they are overlapping.

My data set has two relevant dates: Dates submitted and dates completed. Each line item has a value for each date. Because my workplace bases its reporting off of work complete, that is the dimension I set for the chart (so the x axis timeline scale is showing "Date Complete" which drills down Year(, Month(, and Day(). My Expressions are =count([Date Submitted]) and =count([Date Complete]).

The lines are overlapping. I think this is because it is giving me the count based on the date closed, which would obviously be equal since there is a value in each. I want so show the spread for months/days, however. So on 1/1/2017 there may be 10 created, but only 5 completed, or something like that.

This is probably just me being new to Qlikview; hopefully an easy fix, but I can't figure it out.

Thanks!

Message was edited by: Tyler Tollin

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

I think you need this

Canonical Date

And use the master date as your dimension and then use the Closed and Submitted flags to show the two different lines

View solution in original post

4 Replies
vishsaggi
Champion III
Champion III

Can you share a sample app to look into?

ttollin11
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Added

sunny_talwar

I think you need this

Canonical Date

And use the master date as your dimension and then use the Closed and Submitted flags to show the two different lines

ttollin11
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Marked as correct. It took some time to figure out, but this has produced the correct result.

Thanks Sunny.