Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rittermd
Master
Master

Lining Up Objects

I have 2 pie charts that sit on top of each other.  The user can click on a text object to switch from one to the other.

I had to manually move the pie chart and the legend using Ctrl Shift to get them where I wanted them.  Now when you switch from one to the other you see movement in the two objects.

I want them to be exactly in the same locations so that you don't see any movement.

But since I manually moved them I don't see how I can line them both up any longer.  Is this possible to do other than trial and error?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do both charts use the same dimension, just one is displaying numbers and the other is displaying relative %? If so, you could try using a cycle on the expression rather than two separate charts. To do that, create the pie chart and add both expressions, then highlight the second expression and hit the Group button. Now it will add a cycle icon to the chart and you will be able to flip between the two expressions.

2016-03-10_13-56-29.png

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

If it's not too much work, I would just copy the one pie chart with the legend and chart in the correct position and paste it in the same position then adjust the expression/dimension accordingly.

rittermd
Master
Master
Author

I thought that was a great idea.  But it is not working.  One pie chart displays numbers.  The other displays relative %.

The copy automatically resizes when I set it to relative and then I am right back where I started.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Do both charts use the same dimension, just one is displaying numbers and the other is displaying relative %? If so, you could try using a cycle on the expression rather than two separate charts. To do that, create the pie chart and add both expressions, then highlight the second expression and hit the Group button. Now it will add a cycle icon to the chart and you will be able to flip between the two expressions.

2016-03-10_13-56-29.png

rittermd
Master
Master
Author

Awesome.  Thank you.

Do you have any control over the group icon that controls this in the chart?  Specifically placement and possibly the image itself?

Anonymous
Not applicable

You can use Ctrl + Shift to change the placement of the cycle icon, like you did to move the chart and legend around, but as far as I know you are not able to change the image itself.