Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

List Box Blank Space Issue

Hi,

Is there any object other than list box to display the values by on selections, because in my report i want to update that Hierarchy based on selections. Here am using listboxes for displaying the data but in list box am getting blank spaces before and after the values please see the attached screen, how to fit/adjust list box based on data or do we have any other object for this and  how to avoid these blank spaces? 

Regards,

Anil

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
swuehl
MVP
MVP

You can't use a calculation condition in a table box.

You can, however, use a straight table chart with a calculated dimension and as expression a constant

=1

and hide expression in presentation tab.

View solution in original post

8 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

Have you tried using a tablebox?

Not applicable
Author

thnx for your replay Swuehl, I have tried it but i have a calculation condition to display the data my condition is not working in table box, how to use calculation condition in table box

swuehl
MVP
MVP

You can't use a calculation condition in a table box.

You can, however, use a straight table chart with a calculated dimension and as expression a constant

=1

and hide expression in presentation tab.

Not applicable
Author

Yes Swuehl  this is correct answer thanx for your suggestion.......

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi,

I may be missing something, but the table box is actually able to use a calculation condition. Check the file attached using a variable and a button to show / hide the table box.

Hope that makes sense.

Miguel

swuehl
MVP
MVP

You are right, Miguel, a table box could use a calculation condition.

I was assuming and thinking of a calculated dimension / field expression (in a list box), but calculation condition is indeed something different and I should try not mixing up wording.

Regards,

Stefan

Not applicable
Author

Yes its good thnx MIguel,Swuehl,, but we can't use field expression in table box am i correct? if wrong please correct me

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Anil,

You are right. Table boxes don't allow to use expression to create calculated dimensions. Anyway, bearing in mind the poor performance that have the calculated dimensions, I'd rather create the fields as required in the script, doing all necessary stuff to get the values as expected, and use them in either listboxes or table boxes, not to mention charts.

Hope that makes sense.

Miguel