Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
azimabadi
Creator III
Creator III

List Box sorting based on Expression

Hi everybody,

i have a list box containing the Months. I need to sort this list box so that list begins with "Jul". I did this with a sort expression :

= MOD( ( Calendar.Month + 5 ) , 12 ) + 1

1.JPG

Works good! But as soon as i select one or more months, i get this result :

2.JPG

I understand because of my selection, the "Calendar.Month" is NULL for all nonselected Months and therefor QV can not calculate the expression.

But i need the result as is shown below:

3.JPG

It's like the way QV shows the List Box when i select "Numeric Value" as Sort order:

4.JPG

that means i want to keep the order from my Expression as i select some Months.

I appreciate any idea.

Best regards - Peyman

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable

You have to tell QlikView that the expression should be calculated on the full model instead on only on the selection. This is done with the set analysis expression {1}. I think it should be something like:

= MOD( ( Only({1} Calendar.Month) + 5 ) , 12 ) + 1

JG

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Not applicable

You have to tell QlikView that the expression should be calculated on the full model instead on only on the selection. This is done with the set analysis expression {1}. I think it should be something like:

= MOD( ( Only({1} Calendar.Month) + 5 ) , 12 ) + 1

JG

alexandros17
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Here is an example, hope it helps

Not applicable

Hi Peyman,

You can calculate the position of the month in the script.

Then in the List Box, your expression will be Sum({1} DISTINCT Calendar.MonthOrder) and then, even if you select a month, the order will be show for all months.

Hope it helps.

Best regards,

Nicolas

Not applicable

Based on the alexandros17 sample, I have adapted the expressions with the MOD( ( Only({1} order) + 5 ) , 12 ) + 1 formula:

JG

azimabadi
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi Nicolas,

in this case i need to change begining Month dynamicly on interface, user can select the begining month and i have to calculate some expressions based on this selected begining Month. That is why i can't calculate a new order in my script.

thank you so much

Peyman

azimabadi
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Thx so much JG,

i'm surpreised how i forget everytime set analysis!!!

Best regards

Peyman