Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
datanibbler
Champion
Champion

Make an app more flexible for analysis by the user

Hi,

I am just wondering how I could make my HR application (personell data) more flexible to use for analysis by the users. That has brought me to the question whether it is at all possible, in the browser (the users all view the apps via IE (Ajax client)), to add listboxes and fields (if they haven't been provided by the developer)?

It does not seem so, but maybe someone here can clarify this for me?

Thanks a lot!

Best regards,

DataNibbler

5 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

Yes, you can enable the use of server objects in QMC, so the use may create charts in the frontend based on the data model you provided.

amit_saini
Master III
Master III

Hi,

Check Demo.qlik.com, there are many demo dashboards for HR is available. This will definitely give you a feel , how an HR dashboard looks like, information from the point of view of HR and other things which will make HR analysis based on data they are having easy.

After creating this Dashboard you can share this with your all user through publisher with the help of QMC .

Thanks,

AS

datanibbler
Champion
Champion
Author

Hi swuehl,

that sounds great. That way, I could enable those people who really do perform analyses on the data to use the QlikView_app for real without me having to build detail_data_tables for every chart in there ...

Is there some short How-to on that kind of chart-building in the browser? I would like to give my users some set of instructions along with the possibility to analyze.

Thanks a lot!

Best regards,

DataNibbler

swuehl
MVP
MVP

Just search the forum for (shared) server objects, e.g.

Server objects

Shared Server Objects

Be aware that shared server objects are - as the name indicates - server based, they are not part of the qvw, but the .shared file, and maintenance could be a pain.

datanibbler
Champion
Champion
Author

Hi amit,

thanks for the quick answer!

I'm sure I could find a lot of cool ideas on that WebSite that would be quite fascinating to try out here - unfortunately, though, I am not at my leisure to create Dashboards following those "best practice" rules. Rather, in a (in this) company_rollout, there is a focus on the teams' dashboards being

a) easy to use (for the shopfloor workers, who are not all that IT-savvy and interested in the matter)

b) kind of uniform-looking, so as to create a kind of "brand recognition" for the managers (who can open any individual team_app and should be able to find their way around).

Also, every KPI_chart within one team_app has to look quite similar to the others so that navigating an app is really intuitive and easy.

=> In short, in our context, ease_of_use is more important than the most refined functionality.

there's also quite a simple "resource scarcity" as I am still the only developer and my working_day has 8-10 hrs, no more.

I think it's a pity that I don't have more time and the flexibility to try out new things, I find it really fascinating - but one has to remain realistic.

@ swuehl

Thanks! I will check those links.

Best regards,

DataNibbler