Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rygreene3
Contributor II
Contributor II

Making selection/filter from object with Dimension Limit

Hello.  I have created a graph reporting object with a dimension limit that displays the top 1 value based on the first expression.  The object is correctly displaying the desired results.  Here's my challenge.  I would like to select just the values that meet the dimension limit criteria.  Normally I would do a select possible, but this captures ALL the values rather than just the top 1 values.  Does anyone know of a way for me to select/filter on just the top values that are displayed in the reporting object?

Thank you very much.

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
asinha1991
Creator III
Creator III

in the calculated exp of list box you can put something like this

aggr(if(rank(expression in your chart)<=1,fieldtobeshowninlistbox),dimensionsinyourchart(could be more than one))  

use 1 as set identifier in your expression

example

aggr(if(rank(sum({1}sales))<=1,[Category]),[Customer],[Category])  

View solution in original post

2 Replies
asinha1991
Creator III
Creator III

in the calculated exp of list box you can put something like this

aggr(if(rank(expression in your chart)<=1,fieldtobeshowninlistbox),dimensionsinyourchart(could be more than one))  

use 1 as set identifier in your expression

example

aggr(if(rank(sum({1}sales))<=1,[Category]),[Customer],[Category])  

rygreene3
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thank you Asinha1991 and everyone else who replied.  I was able to apply Asinha1991's recommended solution and it worked perfectly!  So very happy.  I hope I can return the favor one day.