Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Max value for list box expression

I have a fairly simple expression I need. I'm new at this so it may be easy for some.

I need to generate the Max value for the Linear gauge shown below based on 9 items each.

See below for Clarity. Right now I typed in the max but that is only to prove to myself it will work. So 214 is the Max value Im trying to derive here.

Right now I have: =Rangemax((Count(TopLevelWBS)))  = 703 the Sum Total not Max value from the count

List box Expression.png

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Brian,

I assume it is a list box with expression.  Try this:
max(aggr(Count(TopLevelWBS), TopLevelWBS)) * 1.05

Regards,
Michael

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Brian,

I assume it is a list box with expression.  Try this:
max(aggr(Count(TopLevelWBS), TopLevelWBS)) * 1.05

Regards,
Michael

Not applicable
Author

I tried this variation which outputted 214 Exactly!   Didn't need the 1.05 or 1.0  maybe it was to create a buffer/padding?

Thank You so much.

=max(aggr(Count(TopLevelWBS), TopLevelWBS))

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Technically you don't need 1.05 - it is just for a little better look, leaves some space on the right.

Not applicable
Author

ah, ok that's what I was thinking after I thought about it, adds a little padding to the right, makes sense. I will do that then.

Not applicable
Author

How do I maintain that Max value even if I select values that are smaller? If I hard code it the gauge stays in proper ratio. I tried this but doesn't quite do it. I was able to keep the values for one column in place but the Max gets skewed to the selection vs the true max value.

=max(aggr(Count({1}TopLevelWBS),TopLevelWBS)) *1.05

2012-09-07_092303.png

Not applicable
Author

Ok, I figured it out I have to add the TOTAL.

=max({1} TOTAL aggr(Count({1}TopLevelWBS),TopLevelWBS)) *1.05

Not applicable
Author

thanks.. helped in my case!