Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

More fun with set analysis -- Restricting chart data

Greetings.

I am trying to build a table of patient information. I initially started with a table box, but it always displayed all patients in the table, and not a subset of them. So I have a chart, instead. The chart expressions are the various columns I wish to display, and it has a single dimension, as follows:

=if(MATCH(PatientID, $(=concat(distinct { PatientID * $(vDenomPatSetList) } PatientID, ', ')))>0, PatientID)

vDenomPatSetList is a <PatientID = > set. This results in a chart table, with only the patients that exist in the vDenomPatSetList set. However, in some cases, the vDenomPatSetList set has *a lot* of patients, and this is taking a while, because of the concat. Is there any way to remove the contcat, and have my table display just those patients that qualify as part of the vDenomPatSetList set?

Thanks!

11 Replies
Not applicable
Author

I didn't want to add calculations on every single column, just for the maintenance and the overhead.

I tried using the if, instead of the concatenated set, and they both ran in roughly the same time. At this point, its easier to stick with the set analysis setup, since I have the guts of in a variable, and use it in multiple places (less code to change). At least I know, if that runs into some kind of a problem, I could replace the whole shebang with that massive "if" statement.

I've done some more testing on one of our larger client databases, and my one page is sluggish, but its acceptable. I now know I haven't overlooked some easier way to do what I'm doing, which was my biggest concern.

Thanks for the ideas and the feedback! It has been a help.

johnw
Champion III
Champion III

Well, I suspect we're ALL overlooking some easier way of doing it, but at least it's not just you. 🙂