Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Mountain chart with line

Hi,

I am searching for the correct visualization for my requirement. I have data where each skills having headcount(allocations) per month. Also i have capacity for those skills per month. Now I have to display this in graphical format.

The requirement is to identify which skills are over allocated or under allocated so that the allocations can be adjusted.

I would need a mountain chart of monthly headcount per skill overlapped with total capacity per month.

Since I cannot have stacked mountain chart and line chart together I am limited with showing this in tabular format with some background coloring.

Please note that I cannot make different expressions by skills because skills are dynamic per projects. Project is one more dimension which i have taken into consideration in dummy data.

I am open to change the chart type like bar chart, line chart etc as long as the requirement is fulfilled.

Sample application is attached.

Thanks in advance,

Anosh

5 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

The only way to create that is to put two charts on top of each other. See attached qvw.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

Hi Gysbert,

Thanks for your reply, but as per data it is not possible to match the x and y axis of both graph. Also if there are scrollbar on x axis then both charts will not scroll together.

Is it possible to split the axis and create both graph in one chart object? Or Any other way to fulfill the requirement.

Thanks in advance,

Anosh Nathaniel

Gysbert_Wassenaar

No, one chart uses two dimensions, the other one only one dimension. There's no way to combine that in one chart.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

It's ok if 2nd chart also uses 2 dimensions. Can we then split the axis.

On Jun 3, 2015 10:46 AM, "Gysbert Wassenaar" <qcwebmaster@qlikview.com>

zeynepseda
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Anosh,

We are suffering for the same problem.. Could you find any solutions for that?

We need to make a workload graph as you have indicated, but couldn't find a way.