Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Multiple Dimensions with Multiple Measures?

Hi, I'm new to QlikView. Can anyone advise me on grouping the following data so that it can be displayed in a line chart?

I'm pulling in data from an SQL database with two dimension columns; PublishDate (the datetime that the data was published) and ForecastDate (the datetime that the data refers too). This is followed by various decimal columns.

I can display one measure with two dimensions; the measure is grouped by PublishDate and plotted along ForecastDate as separate overlapping lines.

Or multiple measures with one dimension (without using an aggregation); where the overlapping values of ForecastDate get chopped out. In the image below this is between the 21st and 23rd.

Is there a way to allow a measure to have two distinct values plotted separately using the PublishDate to group the data? Or should I think about re-structuring the database or loading it differently?

qlik.png

2 Replies
marcus_sommer

Have a look on the possibility to group several different dimensions into cyclic or drill groups and/or to group expressions into expression groups.

- Marcus

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for the tip. I was testing multiple platforms and decided to go for a different one, but this question might point others in the right direction.