Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Multiple needles in gauge chart (tachometer)

Hi all,

I would like to create a gauge (tachometer) chart in which a needle is shown for each expression. Is this possible?

I know that I can group the different expressions and select each expression by clicking the circled arrow. But I would like to the all (in my case 3) needles at the same time with  different colors and a legend.

I hope that you are able to help me, thanks a lot in advance.

Regards

Jens

4 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi Jens, as far as I know this is not "normally" possible, you have to work around using expressions based on other expressions.

See my solution here http://community.qlik.com/message/39525#39525

I'll try and see if I can post an example...

Erica

Not applicable
Author

Hi Jens, please see attached workaround

In a nutshell, this guage chart "fakes" the needles by using black dummy segments to mimick the needles. There are 4 variables, 3 that define the values of the "needles" and one to show where the limit needs to go (vBoundary)

In the chart presentation tab, I have removed the indicator and unchecked the box marked "autowidth segments", enabling me to edit where the segments start and end.

The 9 segment boundaries are defined as this:

Segment 0 - Lower bound = 0 , colour green

Segment 1 - lower bound - minimum of the vBoundary, and the 3 expression variables. Colour is black (needle colour)

Segment 1a - lower bound - same as segment 1 if this is equal to the vBoundary. Otherwise it is set at vBoundary + 0.05 (width of needle). The colour of the segment is dependant on where the boundary is

And so each of the pairs of segments follows a different pattern till Segment 4 and Segment 4a. Took me a while to get me head around it.

Hope this works for you!

Regards,

Erica

rohan_mulay
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Pls refer this..

Multi value Gauge Charts

maxgro
MVP
MVP

what about overlapping charts?