Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Need help with pivot table

I need to show monthly product sales data by selected date range by the user.

It is quite easy to create a pivot table with my required 2 dimensions, 1 being the ProductName and the other being the Month.

So my pivot looks like

Product
Jan13
Feb13
Mar13
Apr13
PartA      13      9      20       16
PartB      43      21       28        40
PartC      19       6       17          18
PartD      27        51       32        29
PartE     10      8       6         11
PartF       17       22       23        37

So far no problems.  The months shown above may vary depending on the range the user has selected, but it is basically the same.

But what I really need is to show extra columns which show current quantities for each item.  These do not change depening on the month because they are static "as at now" or more correctly when the data was loaded.  I cannot work out how to get these extra columns to display without Qlikview thinking I need to show them by period.  I don't.  They are just another display column associated with the product. 

What I need is this:

product
Current Stock Qty
On backorder
On Purch Order
Jan 13
Feb 13
Mar 13
Apr 13
PartA        103        0               50   13    9    20    16
PartB        56        0               100  43    21    28    40
PartC      121        19               50   19    6    17    18
PartD       0        5                200   27     51    32    29
PartE    12        0               120   10    8    6    11

The months need to change if the user selects, say July 10 to March 11.  But the 3 qantity columns do not change because they need to display up to date "now" data.

How would I do this?

Thanks in advance

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gysbert_Wassenaar

If you want to ignore selections in every field try:

=num(aggr(sum({1}[Current Stock Qty]),product),'#,###')

If you want to ignore selections in specific fields (e.g. MyField1 and MyField2) try:

=num(aggr(sum({<MyField=,MyField2= >}[Current Stock Qty]),product),'#,###')

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand

View solution in original post

11 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

You can add them as calculated dimensions. For example =aggr(sum([Current Stock Qty]),product) for the current stock qty column.

Not applicable
Author

Gysbert,

You answer is great & has helped, but on the left of each calculated dimension I am getting a little + symbol which I need to expand to see the values.

Can I get rid of the little '+' on each row of data so I just see the data without expanding the '+'?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi

If u don want to see the '+' sign to expand, you can select 'Always fully expanded'  checkbox in  the presentation tab of the chart properties.

Regards

Revathy

Not applicable
Author

Hi Danseter,

Yes,You can get rid of the Little '+',do the following:

Goto>Presentation Tab>Check Always Fully Expanded option

Hope this will help you.

Regards

Deepak

Not applicable
Author

Awesome!  So very close now.

I think I may have 1 last question.

One of my quantity columns has 6 decimals for each column of values so it looks

and so on.

I can't find anywhere in the properties to adjust that.  The other quantity columns don't display like that.  Can I change the column to get rid of the decimals?

Thanks so much so far!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi

In the Number Tab, we can change the Number format settings for particular field in the expression.

If u don want decimal then change to Number format.

regards

Revathy.

Not applicable
Author

But I don't get my column appearing in the Number tab, under Expressions.  It only has my monthly SalesQuantity.  None of the other columns display here.

Gysbert_Wassenaar

Try something like =num(aggr(sum([Current Stock Qty]),product),'#,###')

You may have to fool around a bit with the format string of the num function to get exactly what you want.

Not applicable
Author

Excellent!

So now I have the display of the pivot table looking good.

Now when I select my period ranges, I want to only see the data change for the Sales Quantity's under each month, whilst still keeping the Current Stock Qty as it is now.

Unfortunately, it seems the extra 3 columns i have added using the AGGR function as suggested are still being pivoted because each time I change the month selection, those columns lose their data.