Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
IAMDV
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

*** Negative Value to Positive Value ***

Dear All,

How can change the Negative value to Positive value. I understand that we can use the Fabs Function but I don't want to use that in my situation. If you look at the attached image... you will understand why I can't use the Fabs Function. I need to show the bars on to the left hand side to show full analysis of the chart. I am looking for something in Formatting tab. All I want to do is remove the "-" Minus sign before the value on the left side. Please can someone help on this?

Many thanks in advance.

Cheers - DV

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
erichshiino
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Hi, D V.

Is it ok to change the number format ? (you said that on the first post , then you said the opposite in the second)

You can set your expression as integer (for example) and write the format patter as:

#.##0;#.##0

the second format is for negative values.

You could use

#.##0;(#.##0) to include () on negative values instead of -

Hope this helps,

Erich

View solution in original post

7 Replies
IAMDV
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni
Author

If not formatting then suggest something in expression without flipping the chart. Please help!!!

Thanks - DV

Not applicable

Can you format the value as a string using the function PurgeChar() where you could remove the '-' character as part of a string value?  This might not change the calculation and interfere with the correct presetnation of the report.

Kal

erichshiino
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Hi, D V.

Is it ok to change the number format ? (you said that on the first post , then you said the opposite in the second)

You can set your expression as integer (for example) and write the format patter as:

#.##0;#.##0

the second format is for negative values.

You could use

#.##0;(#.##0) to include () on negative values instead of -

Hope this helps,

Erich

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah, I agree with Erich's solution.

You can set the format in the expression itself as well if you use Num(Expression,'Format;NegFormat') like: =num(Expression,'#,##0.00;(#,##0.00)')

I.e. negative values will display within parentheses in this example

IAMDV
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni
Author

Erich - Thank you very much Mate. I prefer to use the number format instead of expression. I had used this one and it works fine...

#,##0;#,##0

Johannes & Kelvin - Many thanks for taking time to help me.

Kelvin - I had not used this purgechar() function in this situation but I had used it elsewhere... it was very useful.

Cheers - DV

Not applicable

Hey DV,

In case anybody else is wondering about this, floating point absolute values seem to work for this as well.

fabs()

Cheers,

SL

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

This is work well also.

Num#([Field1_],'#.##0;#.##0-') as [Field1_]