Qlik Community

QlikView Layout & Visualizations

Discussion Board for collaboration on QlikView Layout & Visualizations.

IAMDV
Honored Contributor II

*** Negative Value to Positive Value ***

Dear All,

How can change the Negative value to Positive value. I understand that we can use the Fabs Function but I don't want to use that in my situation. If you look at the attached image... you will understand why I can't use the Fabs Function. I need to show the bars on to the left hand side to show full analysis of the chart. I am looking for something in Formatting tab. All I want to do is remove the "-" Minus sign before the value on the left side. Please can someone help on this?

Many thanks in advance.

Cheers - DV

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
erich_shiino
Honored Contributor

Hi, D V.

Is it ok to change the number format ? (you said that on the first post , then you said the opposite in the second)

You can set your expression as integer (for example) and write the format patter as:

#.##0;#.##0

the second format is for negative values.

You could use

#.##0;(#.##0) to include () on negative values instead of -

Hope this helps,

Erich

7 Replies
IAMDV
Honored Contributor II

Re: *** Negative Value to Positive Value ***

If not formatting then suggest something in expression without flipping the chart. Please help!!!

Thanks - DV

Not applicable

Can you format the value as a string using the function PurgeChar() where you could remove the '-' character as part of a string value?  This might not change the calculation and interfere with the correct presetnation of the report.

Kal

erich_shiino
Honored Contributor

Hi, D V.

Is it ok to change the number format ? (you said that on the first post , then you said the opposite in the second)

You can set your expression as integer (for example) and write the format patter as:

#.##0;#.##0

the second format is for negative values.

You could use

#.##0;(#.##0) to include () on negative values instead of -

Hope this helps,

Erich

jsn
Honored Contributor

Yeah, I agree with Erich's solution.

You can set the format in the expression itself as well if you use Num(Expression,'Format;NegFormat') like: =num(Expression,'#,##0.00;(#,##0.00)')

I.e. negative values will display within parentheses in this example

IAMDV
Honored Contributor II

Erich - Thank you very much Mate. I prefer to use the number format instead of expression. I had used this one and it works fine...

#,##0;#,##0

Johannes & Kelvin - Many thanks for taking time to help me.

Kelvin - I had not used this purgechar() function in this situation but I had used it elsewhere... it was very useful.

Cheers - DV

Not applicable

Hey DV,

In case anybody else is wondering about this, floating point absolute values seem to work for this as well.

fabs()

Cheers,

SL

amuratbar
New Contributor III

Hi,

This is work well also.

Num#([Field1_],'#.##0;#.##0-') as [Field1_]

Community Browser