Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
knightwriter
Creator III
Creator III

Nice easy one..... I have a date dd/mm/yyyy in Excel and want the list box properties to show only the Year.

Nice easy one for some kind individual..... I have a date format dd/mm/yyyy in Excel and want the list box properties to show only the Year. How can this be done? First post on the community here so I'm hoping for a return! Many thanks, Stephen.

6 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Stephen

Try

year(date#('DD/MM/YYYY')

Best Regards,     Bill

knightwriter
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Thanks for the speedy reply Bill.

Do I c&p this into the Script Editor by the Date Load?

Regards,

S

Anonymous
Not applicable

Stephen

Yup.

Paste your script into this thread if you would like someone to look at it & suggest how ?

Best Regards,     Bill

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi,

If you only want the year you would use.

year(Fieldname) as year

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Not applicable

I had this problem with an Excel report we got from "Hoopla". It looked like a date, but it wasn't a true Excel date, so none of the standard functions (as suggested above) worked for me. I tore my hair out trying to figure out what was wrong with my formulas, until I realised QV didn't know they were dates. Now I know, but I'm bald ;{

Here's what the 'date' looked like in the Excel (actually, a .CSV file):

7/29/2013 19:44

Here's what I put in my LOAD statement:

MakeDate(Mid([Join Date],index([Join Date],'/',2)+1,4),Left([Join Date],index([Join Date],'/',1)-1),Mid([Join Date],index([Join Date],'/',1)+1,index([Join Date],'/',2)-index([Join Date],'/',1)-1)) As NJDate,

Essentially, I went through the date, located the '/' delimiters, and used the "Index" function to find the positions dynamically (this adjusts automatically for single digit months or dates). Note that when you use Index like this, the 3rd parameter is the instance of the searched for text, so Index(text,'/',2) finds the SECOND instance of "/".

knightwriter
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Thanks all, I got it it sorted.

@Kevin would it be rude to link rogaine?! Thanks for your help.

S