Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

No partial sums with dimension selections

I feel that this is a configuration problem, but I can't find another relevant discussion on this. I have a pivot table that without a selection in all dimension will not show partial sums. But if I have a selection in each dimension, the partial sums show.

With Territory and Catalog Section selected, but without Ship To Acct. selected:

Capture1.PNG

With all selected:

Capture.PNG

The same holds true if I deselect and select Catalog Section.

What am I missing?

UPDATE:

I've narrowed it down to the comparison operator in my expression. If I change my expression from:

=if (Sum({<[Fiscal Year]={'>=$(=FiscalCurrentYear-2)<$(FiscalCurrentYear)'}, [Customer Sub Type]={'ENT-Human'}>} [Sales Amount]) <= 0,

Sum({<[Fiscal Year]={'$(FiscalCurrentYear)'},[Customer Sub Type]={'ENT-Human'}>}[Sales Amount]))

To:

=if (Sum({<[Fiscal Year]={'>=$(=FiscalCurrentYear-2)<$(FiscalCurrentYear)'}, [Customer Sub Type]={'ENT-Human'}>} [Sales Amount]),

Sum({<[Fiscal Year]={'$(FiscalCurrentYear)'},[Customer Sub Type]={'ENT-Human'}>}[Sales Amount]))

...I get my partial sums. Product is wrong; but I get my sums. Anybody?

3 Replies
MEllinghausen
Creator III
Creator III

I think you must check in the präsentation-tab , Dimension chip to acct the "subtototal" box like territory

Marcus

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for the reply Marcus. I think you're suggesting to make sure the Show Partial Sums checkbox is selected for all dimensions, which they are.

I have discovered though though, that if I change my expression from:

if (Sum({<[Fiscal Year]={'>=$(=FiscalCurrentYear-2)<$(FiscalCurrentYear)'}, [Customer Sub Type]-={'ENT-Human'}>} [Sales Amount]) = 0,

Sum({<[Fiscal Year]={'$(FiscalCurrentYear)'},[Customer Sub Type]-={'ENT-Human'}>}[Sales Amount]))

To an arbitrary one like:

if (0 = 0,

Sum({<[Fiscal Year]={'$(FiscalCurrentYear)'},[Customer Sub Type]-={'ENT-Human'}>}[Sales Amount]))

The partial sums work. So, I think it has to do with the type of expression. Any ideas?

Not applicable
Author

Updated.