Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Null Symbol in Bar chart

Hi ,

i need to represent the null values as unclassified in bar chart and when i am checking the null values in dimension it showing on the desktop but not on the client .

Dimension:

If(Len(Trim([CustRating Quantitative_Summary])) = 0,'Unclassified',[CustRating Quantitative_Summary])

View on Desktop :

Capture _Bar_Desktop.JPG.jpg

View on Access Point:

Capture_bar.JPG.jpg

Thanks & Regards,

Saurabh

27 Replies
ecolomer
Master II
Master II

Try to select the option "Supress when the value is null" in the options of dimension

Not applicable
Author

Hi Enrique,

Thanks for the reply!

i dont want to suppress the null values in dimension . Null values in the dimension should be named as Unclassified.

Regards,

Saurabh

amit_saini
Master III
Master III

Saurabh,

Go to chart properties-> Dimension-> and checked "Suppress When Value is Null" option

Thanks,

AS

ecolomer
Master II
Master II

Try this:

=if(IsNull(If(Len(Trim([CustRating Quantitative_Summary])) = 0,'Unclassified',[CustRating Quantitative_Summary])), 'Unclassified', If(Len(Trim([CustRating Quantitative_Summary])) = 0,'Unclassified',[CustRating Quantitative_Summary]))

Not applicable
Author

Not Working

Thanks

sujeetsingh
Master III
Master III

Supress null or represent it as unknown.

ecolomer
Master II
Master II

Try now

=if(IsNull(If(Len(Trim([CustRating Quantitative_Summary])) = 0,'Unclassified',[CustRating Quantitative_Summary]))

sasikanth
Master
Master

Hi saurabh ,

try to implement the same logic in the back end script

LOAD *,

if(not isnull(([CustRating Quantitative_Summary]),([CustRating Quantitative_Summary],'UnClassified') as SR_QS,

FROM ........

Thnaks

Sasi

Not applicable
Author

Hi Sasi ,

Thanks for reply .

its showing the Unclassified on qv desktop but  when i check same chart on accesspoint ,in place of unclassified its displaying '-'.

Regards,

Saurabh