Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gidon500
Creator II
Creator II

Object on Cell phone

Hi Guy

I have a customers who use 5 licensed desktop QlikView  users .

they are very happy with the documents they have

Now they want to see an object on the cell phone , very simple only data

any idea ?

thanks

gidon

10 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Perhaps you can do something like this: Dynamic DIV-tag integration or QlikView MashUp Documentation & Examples

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
gidon500
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi Gysbert

the issue is that I do not have , QlikView server installed

I have 5 QlikView desktop licenses

any solution ?

thanks

gidon

Gysbert_Wassenaar

Nope. Qlikview Desktop cannot act as a webserver, not even for cell phones. You need Qlikview Server and you need Qlikview Workbench. Perhaps you should investigate Qlik Sense and see if you can create simple Qlik Sense apps that you are willing to publish on Qlik Sense Cloud. You can share those apps between the five users so they can access them from their phones if these phones have a browser that supports html5/

gidon500
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi Gysbert

thanks for your help , in this case

I need to buy any license of qlik sense

gidon

Gysbert_Wassenaar

You can use Qlik Sense Desktop for free and still share your apps between the users of Qlik Sense Desktop. You can also sign up for a free account of Qlik Sense Cloud and share apps published there between five users. There is a limit for the size of the apps and the data files you upload into Qlik Cloud. So it looks like you could use Qlik Sense for free in your case with those five users as long as you stay within the data size limits. If you need more than that you can sign up for Qlik Cloud Plus of Qlik Cloud Business if you're willing to pay the subscription costs for those services. See Pricing and Implementation for more information.

gidon500
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi Gysbert .

good morning  , thank you very much ,

if I summarize

1- I have an  sales.qvw  we have 5 licensed QlikView desktop .

2-  create an sense document binary  connect to sales.qvw .

3-  load it to the sense cloud and share with 5 users on Cell phone  .

that's what I need to do ?

thanks

gidon

Gysbert_Wassenaar

Yeah, that should work.

gidon500
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi

one more question

will it be better to buy

qlik sense server 5 users ,

and in this case , cell phone will be connect better and faster to the

sense document

gidon

Gysbert_Wassenaar

It will certainly be better for Qlik

I have no idea if it will be better for you. If you buy a Qlik Sense Enterprise Starter Pack with 5 tokens you'll have enough for your five users and complete control over your Qlik Sense server installation. It will save you the hassle of reloading documents locally and the upload them into the cloud. Buying a starter pack certainly is not free, but the price is quite reasonable imho.