Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Odd results from Sum, possibly from table joins in script?

Hi guys,

Fairly new to Qlikview and I'm attempting to create a simple report from an oddly structured database.

The database itself has a series of dynamic types for each ID, and then a value against these types.

In my script I'm getting the  ids, types and values then creating a table in my script based on the "type" description so I can put the types into columns.

I've put some of the results under my "calculations" tab and these appear to be coming through right.

For example: An Asset of DZ515 has an "Hours" value of 5 and a "Loads" value of 20.

However when I create a column that sums up the hours or loads, the value seems to be multipled and incorrect. I have a feeling this stems from how my table is Joined together in the script and would appreciate any suggestions on how to solve it!

The qlikview file is attached, thanks for any input!

1 Reply
Not applicable
Author

Figured this out after using Count on my IDs to see how many lines I was getting out.

Turns out my initial load was returning a record for every row in the database and adding between 9 - 14 rows of data for that ID. Resolved this by changing the load to load distinct.