Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

On a line graph with date as a dimension, how to mark the current month?

Is there some way to change the chart style after a certain date?  Or a reference line?  I want to differentiate between past months and current & future months.  Whatever is within Qlikview capabilities...

http://i49.tinypic.com/ndmaq.png

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Include Max() function in your script. See the attached.

if

(Max(MONTHSTART(EffChkDt)) >= MONTHSTART(TODAY()), '<S2>', '<S1>')

Regards,

Ricardo

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Yes, there's a way. Use the "Line Style". Read the documentation.

Attached, there's an example.

Regards,

Ricardo

"Line Style

Click on Line Style in order to enter an attribute expression for calculating the line style for the line or line segment associated with the data point. This type of attribute expression only has effect on line, combo and radar charts.

The relative width of the line can be controlled by including a tag <Wn> where n is a multiplying factor to be applied on the default line width of the chart. The number n must be a real number between 0.5 and 8. Example: <W2.5>. The style of the line can be controlled by including a tag <Sn> where n is an integer between 1 and 4 indicating the style to be used (1=continuous, 2= dashed, 3=dotted, 4=dashed/dotted). Example: <S3>. The <Wn> and <Sn> tags can be freely combined, but only the first occurrence of each counts. The tags must be enclosed by single quotations."

QlikView Desktop Documentation.

Not applicable
Author

Doesn't seem to be working.  I put

if(MONTHSTART(EffChkDt) >= MONTHSTART(TODAY()), '<S2>', '<S1>')

as the expression for Line Style.  My dimension is EffChkDt, grouped, formatted to

=DATE(MONTHSTART(EffChkDt),'MMM YYYY')

=DATE(EffChkDt,'MM/DD/YYYY')

Not applicable
Author

Share your app.

Not applicable
Author

Here ya go.

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Include Max() function in your script. See the attached.

if

(Max(MONTHSTART(EffChkDt)) >= MONTHSTART(TODAY()), '<S2>', '<S1>')

Regards,

Ricardo