Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Only display straight table if rows exist

I have a straight table with 3 columns, the first 2 are dimensions, and the third is comprised of the following expression:

sum(if(MDISKAVG >= vWarnThreshold or PDISKAVG >= vWarnThreshold,1,0))

I would like to know how to hide the table if there are no rows, i.e, when column expression calculates no values over threshold.  I understand I need to put an expression in the Show Conditional in the Layout Tab, just not sure what that expression should be.  Initial thought was similar expression to column 3 expression, but that one is at a per column level, not total of column.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MayilVahanan

Hi

Agree with mr.Michael Solomovich.

From this attached file, you can see, if sum(allowed) is less than certain value, you can hide the sheet.. but its based on selection not overall..

Thanks & Regards, Mayil Vahanan R
Please close the thread by marking correct answer & give likes if you like the post.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
MayilVahanan

Hi

Can you provide a sample file?

Please close the thread by marking correct answer & give likes if you like the post.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Lew,

But - did you try it?  Logically it should work.  When this expression is in show condition, it is calculated over all data in current slections, dimensions don't matter.

Regards,

Michael

Not applicable
Author

The straight table looks something like this:

SEGMENTDISK

sum

(if(MDISKAVG >= vWarnThreshold or PDISKAVG >= vWarnThreshold,1,0))

14$FC01012
9$FC91102
11$FC81015
12$FC22225
MayilVahanan

Hi

Agree with mr.Michael Solomovich.

From this attached file, you can see, if sum(allowed) is less than certain value, you can hide the sheet.. but its based on selection not overall..

Not applicable
Author

Mayil and Michael,  you were both right.  I think when I first tried this I may have formed the expression incorrectly.

This one worked:

=if(sum(if(MDISKAVG >= vWarnThreshold or PDISKAVG >= vWarnThreshold,1,0))>0,1,0)

Thank you much!

Regards,

Lew