Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
apoorvasd
Creator II
Creator II

Overlapped stacked bar chart in QlikView

Hello everyone,

I have researched a lot on finding if we can overlap (each bar starts from x-axis and not from the top of the previous bar) the bars in stacked bar chart. But couldn't find a solution. Is it possible to achieve this in QlikView?

Note: In my case order of values in the bars will be, A>B>C always.

Attached is the sample app.

Thank you.

10 Replies
kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi Apoorva,

In that case how will you see all the bars, because they will be overlapping to each other.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Kushal_Chawda

which kind of chart you are expecting? can you draw that for us?

apoorvasd
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi Kaushik,

Since A will always be greater than B and B always greater than C, height of C would overlap on B and B on A, thus making all three bars visible.

apoorvasd
Creator II
Creator II
Author

A stacked bar chart

Frank_Hartmann
Master II
Master II

like this?

Unbenannt.png

apoorvasd
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi Frank,

Thank you for the reply. I have tried this. But this not what I want. Anyways the requirement has changed and I need not implement this kind of chart now.

Thank you all for your suggestions!

Kushal_Chawda

Please delete this thread as your requirement is changed and you haven't got any solution

datanibbler
Champion
Champion

Hi,

I think I understand what you wanted - a barchart with the bars being "in front of each other", no? The expression producing the biggest bars would have had to be the "hindmost" one so that every bar could be viewed.

Unfortunately I don't think that is possible - not in one chart anyway, QlikView automatically puts them next to each other - unless you stack them ... You would have had to overlay several charts to achieve this.

@ Frank

That looks cool - good for a marketing chart maybe, it looks like an upward staircase - that way you could display how sales or whatever have been growing year after year, in a ppt you could then put in some little man climbing up that ladder ...

wade12
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

hi apporva,

i have built a seagull chart for you (app attached).

hope you find this helpful

kind regards,

wade.