Qlik Community

QlikView Layout & Visualizations

Discussion Board for collaboration on QlikView Layout & Visualizations.

Announcements
QlikView Fans! We’d love to hear from you.
Share your QlikView feedback with the product team… Click here to participate in our 5-minute survey.
Rules, plus terms and conditions, can be found here.
apoorvasd
Contributor II

Overlapped stacked bar chart in QlikView

Hello everyone,

I have researched a lot on finding if we can overlap (each bar starts from x-axis and not from the top of the previous bar) the bars in stacked bar chart. But couldn't find a solution. Is it possible to achieve this in QlikView?

Note: In my case order of values in the bars will be, A>B>C always.

Attached is the sample app.

Thank you.

9 Replies

Re: Overlapped stacked bar chart in QlikView

Hi Apoorva,

In that case how will you see all the bars, because they will be overlapping to each other.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

which kind of chart you are expecting? can you draw that for us?

apoorvasd
Contributor II

Hi Kaushik,

Since A will always be greater than B and B always greater than C, height of C would overlap on B and B on A, thus making all three bars visible.

apoorvasd
Contributor II

A stacked bar chart

Frank_Hartmann
Honored Contributor

like this?

Unbenannt.png

apoorvasd
Contributor II

Hi Frank,

Thank you for the reply. I have tried this. But this not what I want. Anyways the requirement has changed and I need not implement this kind of chart now.

Thank you all for your suggestions!

Please delete this thread as your requirement is changed and you haven't got any solution

datanibbler
Esteemed Contributor

Hi,

I think I understand what you wanted - a barchart with the bars being "in front of each other", no? The expression producing the biggest bars would have had to be the "hindmost" one so that every bar could be viewed.

Unfortunately I don't think that is possible - not in one chart anyway, QlikView automatically puts them next to each other - unless you stack them ... You would have had to overlay several charts to achieve this.

@ Frank

That looks cool - good for a marketing chart maybe, it looks like an upward staircase - that way you could display how sales or whatever have been growing year after year, in a ppt you could then put in some little man climbing up that ladder ...

wade12
Contributor

hi apporva,

i have built a seagull chart for you (app attached).

hope you find this helpful

kind regards,

wade.

Community Browser