Qlik Community

QlikView Layout & Visualizations

Discussion Board for collaboration on QlikView Layout & Visualizations.

Highlighted
Not applicable

Percentage Value on Data Point - Stacked Bar chart

In the attached sample doc, I'm using a stacked bar chart to show counts of customers with positive vs negative sales.  Customers with positive sales show above the 0 mark and companies with negative sales show below.  I also want to show the % of total customers per month in the 'positive' above each month's bar.  I added a 3rd expression to do this, but the value I'm getting is the count of the positive customers plus 1 (is it adding the percentage value to the count and rounding?? if so why??).  However, in the pop-up text, i'm getting the correct percentage value.

Can anyone help me figure out how to get the accurate percentage to show on the chart?

P.S. I have been able to get closer to what i want, but then it was showing the same (positive) !percentage above and below.  I want either the corresponding percentage above/below, or just the positive percentage (since the inverse can be inferred)

8 Replies
kawamuram
Contributor II

Re: Percentage Value on Data Point - Stacked Bar chart

Hi Ashley,

I tried to solve your problems, but I don't know if I understand all of them.

About the plus 1 customer that is missing, is because the expressions are GrossSales = {'>0'} or GrossSales = {'<0'}, so the GrossSales = 0 are not counting.

Also, I guess is not possible to put the value and '% 'above the bars, so I put the '% 'above and the value in the axis.

Best Regards

Not applicable

Thanks, but i'm not trying to have both.  I just want the percentage above the bar and it always comes out as the actual count value +1 instead of percent of the total.  It's ok to exclude those with 0 sales because i'm only looking at those with positive or negative sales.

kawamuram
Contributor II

Hi,

I don't know if is possible above the bar, but I put in the middle.

I didn't understand the second part "always comes out as the actual count value +1 instead of percent of the total"? The percentage is okay, isn't it?

Best Regards

sun_dip08
New Contributor III

Right Mauri. Not sure if we can plot expression data point on the top of the bar and expression you put looks promising.

MVP
MVP

Maybe like attached?

You said the invese can be inferred, but I think your current calculation misses the case GrossSales = 0. That's why the sum of Met and not met will not add up to 100%.

NickHoff
Valued Contributor

Try count address number/count(total address number) with all options for the chart deselected except for show value on data points.

Hi,

another solution maybe could be to replace the text representation of the first expression with the percentage value using the dual() function:

QlikCommunity_Thread_178352_Pic1.JPG

QlikCommunity_Thread_178352_Pic2.JPG

hope this helps

regards

Marco

Not applicable

ok, so this works, but why does it only work if you 'plot values inside segments', but give a different value when you don't check that box and let the values display above the bars?