Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jossebb1
Contributor III
Contributor III

Percentage on top of stacked bar chart & color question(s)

im facing some difficulties getting a bar chart to look a certain way. hope someone here can point me in the right direction.

Starting point is as follows:

2 Dimensions:
1. input type
2. client

2 Expressions:
1. one count to count the number of occurrences per input type & client
2. a success rate (percentage)

So far so good:

qlik.JPG

Now comes the tricky part. I would like to stack the bar charts. When I try to do so, the following happens:

qlik2.jpg

Question 1: it seems the percentage of just one of the clients (light blue in the first screenshot) is displayed on top of the stacked barchart. How do I set it up in such a way, that it shows the total succes rate? It should only show the percentage for a single client, when this one client is filtered out.

Question 2: The colors changed. Until this point i 'forced' the use of colors by typing: 

pick(match("CLIENT",'Client1','Client2','Client3','Client4'),rgb(126,144,154),rgb(165,216,221),rgb(28,78,128),rgb(0,145,213))

into the Background Color definition from Expression 1. I suppose I have to extend this code with all possible combinations between Dimension1 and Dimension2. How would the code of such a combination look? is there a better way?

Thanks in advance!!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jossebb1
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

managed to find a solution on this forum. What is apparently the best(/only?) way to do this is to work with a single dimension only, and then create expressions instead of the dimension you removed - in my case I created 4 expressions as bar charts, one for each of my clients. That way a stacked bar chart in combination with the succes rate works. 

just the color thing is still very unclear to me. I 'solved' it by changing Data appearance / colors 1-4 to the same colors I selected in the Background Color of the expressions. But this makes me wonder why I used the Background Color in the first place.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
jossebb1
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

managed to find a solution on this forum. What is apparently the best(/only?) way to do this is to work with a single dimension only, and then create expressions instead of the dimension you removed - in my case I created 4 expressions as bar charts, one for each of my clients. That way a stacked bar chart in combination with the succes rate works. 

just the color thing is still very unclear to me. I 'solved' it by changing Data appearance / colors 1-4 to the same colors I selected in the Background Color of the expressions. But this makes me wonder why I used the Background Color in the first place.