Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Pie Display

Why is that when I view the qlikview application in web browser... some values turn into OTHERS...

THIS IS THE VIEW IN QV APPLICATION LOCAL

view in qv app.png

BUT WHEN I VIEW IT IN WEB BROWSER, IT LOOKS LIKE THIS... WHY???

view in web browser.png

Can anyone help me this issue? What should I do? How do I explain it to the client? I believe it is not appopriate...

Thanks for your help in advance.

Best Regards,

Bill

6 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi Bill,

That "Others" happens when the sum of values is less that some value. That value may be set in the same object, usually in the Presentation tab of the object properties, "Lower Limit on Slice Area". That means that all values of dimension for which expression is below 2% will be aggregated as "Others" instead of appearing a lot of very small values in the same chart.

Depending on the selections you do and the values you click, this value will change.

Hope that helps.

Miguel

Not applicable
Author

I go to PROPERTIES > PRESENTATION >

can't find the lower limit slice...

I also go to DIMENSION LIMITS >

can't find the lower limit slice...

kji
Employee
Employee

If you are using QlikView 11 you do this on the "Dimension Limits" tab instead, just uncheck "Restrict which values...".

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Can you just check what are your settings here in this tab in your Pie Chart properties. (Assuming you are using Version 10)

temp.jpg

Ashutosh

Not applicable
Author

In Version 11, you have to manage it through dimension limits.

Ashutosh

Not applicable
Author

I've tried everything in here... please help me... because, it is still show others in web browser... Thanks..

dimension limits.png