Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Pie chart with no dimension

Hi,

I wonder if somebody can help me with a couple of expressions that are driving me mad.

I have a list of Clients to which I have assigned a certain Status (Green, Yellow and Red) that is calculated based on the user selections. For each Status I have a list box. Now I have to build a pie chart that shows how many Clients belong to each Status and another one that shows the sum of sales that was made to the Clients belonging to each Status. I guess my pie charts will need three expressions each and no dimensions but I don't seem to be able to make it work.

Below are the expressions that I've used to build each of the three list boxes.

Thanks in advance for your help!

GREEN:

aggr(

if(count(distinct Partner)=1

or

count(distinct Partner)=2   

AND

count(distinct Year)>1

AND

only(aggr(if(rank(aggr(sum({<Year= {$(=Max(Year)-2)}>} Sales),Client,Partner))=1,Partner),Client,Partner))

=

only(aggr(if(rank(aggr(sum({<Year= {$(=Max(Year)-1)}>} Sales),Client,Partner))=1,Partner),Client,Partner))

or

AND

count(distinct Year)>1

AND

only(aggr(if(rank(aggr(sum({<Year= {$(=Max(Year)-2)}>} Sales),Client,Partner))=1,Partner),Client,Partner))

=

if(sum({<Year={$(=Max(Year))}>}Sales)>0, aggr(if(rank(aggr(sum({<Year={$(=Max(Year))}>} Sales),$(Variable1)))=1,Partner),$(Variable1)), aggr(if(rank(aggr(sum({<Year={$(=Max(Year)-1)}>} Sales),$(Variable1)))=1,Partner),$(Variable1)))

or

AND

count(distinct Year)>1

AND

only(aggr(if(rank(aggr(sum({<Year= {$(=Max(Year)-1)}>} Sales),Client,Partner))=1,Partner),Client,Partner))

=

if(sum({<Year={$(=Max(Year))}>}Sales)>0, aggr(if(rank(aggr(sum({<Year={$(=Max(Year))}>} Sales),$(Variable1)))=1,Partner),$(Variable1)), aggr(if(rank(aggr(sum({<Year={$(=Max(Year)-1)}>} Sales),$(Variable1)))=1,Partner),$(Variable1))), 

Client), Client)

YELLOW:

aggr(

if( count(distinct Partner)>2

or

AND

<>

AND

<>

if(sum({<Year={$(=Max(Year))}>}Sales)>0, aggr(if(rank(

aggr(sum({<Year={$(=Max(Year))}>} Sales),$(Variable1))

)=1,Partner),$(Variable1)), aggr(if(rank(

aggr(sum({<Year={$(=Max(Year)-1)}>} Sales),$(Variable1))

)=1,Partner),$(Variable1)))

AND

<>

if(sum({<Year={$(=Max(Year))}>}Sales)>0, aggr(if(rank(aggr(sum({<Year={$(=Max(Year))}>} Sales),$(Variable1)))=1,Partner),$(Variable1)), aggr(if(rank(aggr(sum({<Year={$(=Max(Year)-1)}>} Sales),$(Variable1)))=1,Partner),$(Variable1)))

or

AND

count(distinct Year)=1, 

Client), Client)

RED:

aggr(if(count(Year)=0,  Client), Client)

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

I've finally managed to solve this!

The correct expressions are as follows:

Green:

sum(

{< Client= {"=sum(distinctPartner)=1"}> }

Opportunity)

+

//All 3

sum(

{< Client= {"=sum(distinctPartner)=2 and

sum(distinctYear)>1 and 

only(aggr(if(rank(aggr(sum({<Year= {$(=Max(Year)-1)}>} Sales),Client,Partner))=1,Partner),Client,Partner))=

only(aggr(if(rank(aggr(sum({<Year= {$(=Max(Year)-2)}>} Sales),Client,Partner))=1,Partner),Client,Partner)) and

only(aggr(if(rank(aggr(sum({<Year= {$(=Max(Year)-1)}>} Sales),Client,Partner))=1,Partner),Client,Partner))=

)=1,Partner),$(Variable1)))"}> }

Opportunity)

+

//2011=MostRecent and 2011<>2010

sum(

sum(distinctYear)>1 and 

)=1,Partner),$(Variable1))) and

only(aggr(if(rank(aggr(sum({<Year= {$(=Max(Year)-1)}>} Sales),Client,Partner))=1,Partner),Client,Partner))<>

only(aggr(if(rank(aggr(sum({<Year= {$(=Max(Year)-2)}>} Sales),Client,Partner))=1,Partner),Client,Partner)) "}> }

Opportunity)

+

//2011=2010 and 2011<>MostRecent

sum(

sum(distinctYear)>1 and 

only(aggr(if(rank(aggr(sum({<Year= {$(=Max(Year)-2)}>} Sales),Client,Partner))=1,Partner),Client,Partner)) and

only(aggr(if(rank(aggr(sum({<Year= {$(=Max(Year)-1)}>} Sales),Client,Partner))=1,Partner),Client,Partner))<>

)=1,Partner),$(Variable1))) "}> }

Opportunity)

+

//2010=MostRecent and 2010<>2011

sum(

sum(distinctYear)>1 and 

only(aggr(if(rank(aggr(sum({<Year= {$(=Max(Year)-2)}>} Sales),Client,Partner))=1,Partner),Client,Partner))=

)=1,Partner),$(Variable1))) and

only(aggr(if(rank(aggr(sum({<Year= {$(=Max(Year)-2)}>} Sales),Client,Partner))=1,Partner),Client,Partner))<>

only(aggr(if(rank(aggr(sum({<Year= {$(=Max(Year)-1)}>} Sales),Client,Partner))=1,Partner),Client,Partner)) "}> }

Opportunity)

Red:

sum(

{< Client= {"=sum(distinctPartner)=0"}> } Opportunity)

Yellow:

sum(Opportunity) - Red - Green

Went the easier way with the Yellow. Have also created a distinctPartner field to avoid all those count(distinct).

View solution in original post

19 Replies
Not applicable
Author

post a sample file

it'll be easier

Not applicable
Author

It's kind of complicated - I'll see what I can do.

Not applicable
Author

Ok now with sample file attached above.

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

I think I'm almost there but there is one expression that is not working - see attached sample file.

In the pie chart, it looks like only the first part of the Green expression is being calculated - the total should be $218,918 however, for some reason, Client XX KMOUHGDSAUYE HKNTJKMU HLJMOTP / Mvchndz is being calculated in the Yellow slice.

I'm sure I'm missing something silly but I see double right now so can somebody help please?

Thanks

Not applicable
Author

...only(aggr(if(rank(aggr(sum({<Year= {$(=Max(Year)-2)}>} Sales),Client,Partner))=1,Partner),Client,Partner))....

this part of expression looks wrong (am i right?)

there can't be if after aggr

Not applicable
Author

i mean it can be but there have to be something like this:

aggr (if(condiotion=qwe, sum(dimension)....

what i can see in your example is

aggr (if(condition=qwe, dimension1, dimension2

Not applicable
Author

if we do the expression right than we can paste it as a dimension to the pie chart

it have to work:)

Not applicable
Author

It works everywhere else...

See Top Partner 2011 and Top Partner 2010 columns in the straight table.

Not applicable
Author

expression is not like dimension:)