Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Pivot Table row totals issue

Hello experts, hope you can help me with this annoying problem I have been trying to solve this entire day. 

I have a simple Pivot chart.  Several dimensions in rows, one dimension for columns.  I have 4 Expressions.  I created row totals by selecting the dimension that goes across the top, and chose partial sums.  All works ok, with one exception:  I need to avoid totaling one of the expressions.  In other words, I only want to see "Total" sums for three of the expressions (measures if you will), but one expression I want totally ignored as far as Total is concerned.

Is that possible in Qlikview?

Thank you very much!

Igor.

4 Replies
sunny_talwar

You can use SecondaryDimensionality() to handle this situation. First I would add a new expression  SecondaryDimensionality() just to check what number do you get for the total cell. Once you know the number (assuming its 1), you would do something like this:

=If(SecondaryDimensionality() = 1, '', YourExpression)

Find here to find more on this topic:

The second dimension... or how to use secondarydimensionality()

How to use - Dimensionality()

jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

HI,

Try

If(Rowno() = 0, '-', YourExpression)

Regards,

jagan.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thank you very much for the idea.  I played with it, and best I could achieve was a blank total column, which is still there.    Hard to believe that Qlikview gives no control over the Partial totals calculations. 

jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

You can control the Partial totals by using

If(Rowno() = 0, '-', YourExpression)

If(Dimensionality() >  0, YourExpression, '-')

If(SecondaryDimensionality() >  0, YourExpression, '-')

Check this links for more details

The second dimension... or how to use secondarydimensionality()

How to use - Dimensionality()