Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
darrellbutler
Creator
Creator

Pivot Table

Hi,

In the following table I want to line up my actual and forecast figures for comparison, I don't want to see the zero values. How can I acheive this ?

pivot.png

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gysbert_Wassenaar

You can't suppress the zero's since you have two distinct Tonnes Packed values in your dimension Type. Both values of the dimension get their own row. You will therefore have zero's. The only way to solve this is to have only one Tonnes Packed value in your Type dimension. I'm not talking about the amount for actual or forecast. I'm talking about two values 'Tonnes Packed'. I don't know where they come from, but it's wrong and it's what's causing the problem you're seeing.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

That looks like you should clean up you Type dimension. There seem to be two distinct values for Tonnes Packed. Make sure it's not a data entry error in your source data (a trailing space for example).

darrellbutler
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi - yes that's right there are two distinct values an actual and a forecast tonnes packed. These values are stored in a concatenated fact table sharing the same dimensions. My client wants to see just one line on their visualizations actual v forecast - how can i suppress the zero values. (i've tried supress zero values and an if statement converting zero to null and selecting suppress when value is null) any help you can offer would be greatly apreciated !

Gysbert_Wassenaar

You can't suppress the zero's since you have two distinct Tonnes Packed values in your dimension Type. Both values of the dimension get their own row. You will therefore have zero's. The only way to solve this is to have only one Tonnes Packed value in your Type dimension. I'm not talking about the amount for actual or forecast. I'm talking about two values 'Tonnes Packed'. I don't know where they come from, but it's wrong and it's what's causing the problem you're seeing.

darrellbutler
Creator
Creator
Author

Thanks Gysbert, I'll have to join the two instead of concatenating - mental block with this one !