Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
brindlogcool
Creator III
Creator III

Pivot table

Hi,

In the pivot table , i have 3 dimensions and all are collapsed. Is it possible to trigger an event when user expands one row  or multiple rows from the pivot table either from the first or second dimension.But i wanted to know how to know if user expands the dimension  or not.

4 Replies
jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

There is no Trigger or Event in qlikview for expansion of pivot table row, but you can know by using Dimensionality().

Check the example.  Hope it helps you.

Regards,

Jagan.

brindlogcool
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Thanks Jagan it is really useful,

But i want the expanded value to be stored in a variable not as a column in the pivot table.

jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

Can you let me know what is your requirement, what you want to do by storing it in a variable.  I think it is not possible.  But will try for work around.

Regards,

Jagan.

brindlogcool
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi Jagan,

Thanks for your response. I have a multibox for a single coulmn for the Pivot table.So if all dimension are collapsed it will be the second column.When the dimension is expanded then it will be thrid column. So i have either keep two multiboxes with show and hide based on the expand and collapse .Or i have move the same multiboxes based on the expand and collapse of the pivot table.