Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Please give suggestions on achieving this table format

I have grouped 4 expressions (columns which need to be used as expressions in table) into a cyclic group and tried to use them in the table as in the Picture

but i got some empty columns at last when i placed that group on top and when i moved them vertically it gave columns beside every column one with data and one empty with same column names.

Can any one suggest a way to remove them or any other way to meet my requirement.

Thanks.

5 Replies
Jason_Michaelides
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

The "empty columns" look like values in the Time Period dimension, is that right? If so you could limit the values either with a conditional dimension (e.g. IF(Year<2012,TimePeriod) ) or with set analysis in the expressions ( e.g. sum({<Year={"<2012"}>} Sales) )

If the columns aren't Time Period values can you post your document so we can take a closer look?

Jason

Not applicable
Author

Empty Columns are due to addition of one more group for which i have given space " " as value , if i am not creating one group other than the expressions group i am unable to achieve the Expression Group which is shown (units sold etc) in the picture with extra group.jpg

If i remove/delete the extra group i am meeting the requirement partially as in the Picture without extra group.jpg .

If i can achieve without the additional group it will be helpful

kindly let me know if you need detail information.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Jason,

I was little bit confused actually i added Expression with definition saying

If(Dimensionality()>2,Null(),Null())

and gave space as its name then only i am able to achieve with the empty columns beside.

Please find the Picture attachment for clear understanding.

Jason_Michaelides
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Can you post the actual application?

Not applicable
Author

Please find the attachment.