cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Previous Month Value

Hi All

In the attached example ,

if there are no filters applied , Am able to see the Current month and Previous month record.

But if i select any month , only the current month value is displayed, the previous month is zero.

I want to find the previous month also

Note : Values are in Text Object

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
swuehl
MVP
MVP

If your set expression is modifying Date field, you need to clear also possible user selections in other  calendar fields, to avoid incompatible field selections:

='Last Month: ' & Count(DISTINCT {<Date={'>=$(=MonthStart(AddMonths(Max(Date), -1)))<=$(=Date(AddMonths(Max(Date), -1)))'}, Month, NumMonth, Year>}  [Sam Ref Id])

View solution in original post

2 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

If your set expression is modifying Date field, you need to clear also possible user selections in other  calendar fields, to avoid incompatible field selections:

='Last Month: ' & Count(DISTINCT {<Date={'>=$(=MonthStart(AddMonths(Max(Date), -1)))<=$(=Date(AddMonths(Max(Date), -1)))'}, Month, NumMonth, Year>}  [Sam Ref Id])

sunny_talwar

Use this expression for last month:

='Last Month: ' & Count(DISTINCT {<Date={'>=$(=MonthStart(AddMonths(Max(Date), -1)))<=$(=MonthEnd(AddMonths(Max(Date), -1)))'}, NumMonth = , Month = , Year = >}  [Sam Ref Id])

Note the red part, if don't use MonthEnd, you will not cover the whole month. For example if your max(date) is 24/04/2015 you will get previous month's value for 01/03/2015 - 24/03/2015. and my guess is that you would like to know the count from 01/03/2015 - 31/03/2015?? If my guess is wrong then swuehl‌ solution is the one you are looking for.

Best,

Sunny