Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bagdwan1
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

Problem getting the result I want in a pie chart

Hello,

I'm having difficulties getting the result I want in a pie chart.

I have attached a document that illustrates my problem.

Basically I want to have 2 pie charts.

The first one should show how many users there are per CAL type (NamedUser and Doc in the attached file).

This is already working.

The second pie chart is the problem (named "Number of CALs per CAL Type" in the attached file).

I want it to show how many CALs of each cal type that is needed.

In this example it should show 1 NamedUserCAL and 6 Doc CALs

But everything I have tested has failed.

Does anyone know how to do this?

Br

Martin

9 Replies
Not applicable

Hi Martin,

(sounds german)

try the code below as expression in your second chart:

if(aggr(textcount(DISTINCT Document), User)>3, Count( DISTINCT User), count(User))

HtH

Roland

bagdwan1
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor
Author

Hello Roland,

Thank you for your reply.

It looked promising but unfortunately your suggestions did not solve my problem.

I have updated the attached file to illustrate why.

If the same user opens the same document more than one time, they are counted each time.

I only want distinct documents per user when the user has opened less than 4 documents and distinct users for those users that have opended 4 or more documents.

Any other suggestions?

And by the way, I'm not german, I'm swedish.

br

Martin

MayilVahanan

HI

From my understanding, i think you want like this''

= if user open the document less than 4 means want to count the document ,otherwise want to count the user?? am i correct??

if(aggr(textcount(DISTINCT Document), User)<4, Count( Document), count(distinct User))

or

if(aggr(textcount(DISTINCT Document), User)>3, aggr(textcount(DISTINCT Document), User), count(distinct User))

helps you..

sorry, i didn't open the file..

Thanks & Regards, Mayil Vahanan R
Please close the thread by marking correct answer & give likes if you like the post.
Gysbert_Wassenaar

See attached qvw. Is that what you need?

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable

Hello Martin,

"I only want distinct documents per user when the user has opened less than 4 documents and distinct users for those users that have opended 4 or more documents."

Ok, got it.

So I applied a new dimension called "DocType" (see Script). This dim may be useful in several charts. I used it in my expression within the IF()-Clause as a switch and also in the other pie chart as a "normal" dim. And the two different countings (in one expression!) should work as expected.

"And by the way, I'm not german, I'm swedish."

Sorry, I thought that I may have met an old fellow martin I didn't see for some years.

HtH

Roland

bagdwan1
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor
Author

Hello Roland,

Your solution both works and dont work.

It gives the correct values but since your have created a static version of CALType per user it will not work when  other selections are made, e.g. dates.

But perhaps it is better to remove the possibility to select dates and calculate this in the script.

br

Martin

bagdwan1
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor
Author

Hello Gysbert,

Your solution gives the right result but it also shows a second figure in the pie chart.

Is there any way to remove the extra figure?

br

Martin

bagdwan1
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor
Author

Hello,

I have attached an image that shows the extra image.

piechart.JPG

br

Martin

Gysbert_Wassenaar

Fun. It looks fine in QV 10, but in QV 11 you get the extra number in a pie chart with no dimension and two expressions. Ok, here's a version that looks ok in QV 11 too with one dimension and one expression.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand