Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Problem with Column Total

I'm not allowed to do total in Pivot Table (box is desactivated); can someone help me please?

Show image attached!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
swuehl
MVP
MVP

Sorry, I probably don't get what you want.

Don't try to set partial sums (sommes partielles) for an expression, check the box for any or all dimensions (e.g. P.R. is a dimensio, right? Select P.R. and check the partial sums checkbox to get a total line).

As I tried to explain in my previous post, you don't need to send confidential data. But if you want to help us to help you, try creating a small sample QlikView application (.qvw file) that demonstrate your issue. Could just contain some mockup data, but if you use a chart with one dimension and several expressions in your original application, try reproducing this layout also in your sample app.

Most of the time, while you are preparing a sample that focuses on your issue, you might already understand what your problem causes.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

Are CA and GP expression labels or dimensions?

Partial sums are only available for dimensions level (but in fact, the totals are calculated by your expressions, of course).

er_mohit
Master II
Master II

if CA and GP is your dimension then

see the attached image

here ,uncheck the partial sum because mat_id is my dimension and see the pivot table there is no mentioning the total of that field

Not applicable
Author

Yes, CA and GP are expression, so which function I have to use in this level?

swuehl
MVP
MVP

Just enable partial sum for the dimensional level you want, e.g for the first dimension if you just want a grand total or for the other dimension levels if you want subtotals, too.

Maybe I just get what you want or what your exact issue is, could you upload a small sample qvw file that demonstrate your issue?

Not applicable
Author

Sorry for .qvw it's confidential, but you can see print screen below, I'm not able to check partial sum box's,maybe it's desactivated because CA is an calculated column?

Capture.PNG

Not applicable
Author

Hi, I find the source of this issue, please see below(pic1):Capture1.PNG

These zero not read like number in Qlikview! How can I convert knowing that I used this case(pic2) to convert "-" in"0"

Symbole"Nul" & Symbole "Manquant"

Capture2.PNG

swuehl
MVP
MVP

Sorry, I probably don't get what you want.

Don't try to set partial sums (sommes partielles) for an expression, check the box for any or all dimensions (e.g. P.R. is a dimensio, right? Select P.R. and check the partial sums checkbox to get a total line).

As I tried to explain in my previous post, you don't need to send confidential data. But if you want to help us to help you, try creating a small sample QlikView application (.qvw file) that demonstrate your issue. Could just contain some mockup data, but if you use a chart with one dimension and several expressions in your original application, try reproducing this layout also in your sample app.

Most of the time, while you are preparing a sample that focuses on your issue, you might already understand what your problem causes.