Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Problem with Show conditional

I'm trying to hide a chart when I select x values, so I wrote a condition but doesn't work.

I get tired of change my code one and other time and I coded in the conditional "0 = 1" but didn't work too. What can it be?

Best regards,

Leandro

10 Replies
german_avanzato
Creator
Creator

Do you have a example of the application?

Try the basic to be sure: put a 0 or 1 in the condition field, to try hide/unhide the chart.

maxgro
MVP
MVP

in layout tab of your chart, conditional (x=2)

GetSelectedCount(yourfield)<>2

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

you can use this expression in the chart show condition

GetSelectedCount(Name_of_field)=0

KR.

Gysbert_Wassenaar

You are talking about hiding the chart itself, right? On the Layout tab of the properties window is where you find the Conditional option for that. If you use 0=1 as expression the chart will hide itself. Don't use double quotes around the expression.

You'll want to use something like =if(getselectedcount(MyField)>10,0,1) which would hide the chart if you select more than 10 values in the field MyField.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
beck_bakytbek
Master
Master

Hi Elena

You can use this simple expressions:

Conditional : GetSelectedCount(Company)>4,

so if i select more than 4 company. so my textbox will appear and if i selected lower than 4 Company, my textbox still hidding.

I hope, you´ll find it useful

Beck

Not applicable
Author

Create one chart(like bar chart) and also create two buttons,also one variable

1st button-text(set to 0),add action (select in field-give variable and value(=0))

2nd button-text(set to 1),add action(select in field-give the same variable and value(=1))

in the chart goto layout condition (variable=0 or =1)

based on 1 the chart will display, based on 0 the chart will hide

tresesco
MVP
MVP

If you are doing everything right(you believe) and still it is not hiding, there could be another possibility. Check the security settings(Settings->Document Properties->Security); uncheck 'Show All Sheets and Objects'.

Not applicable
Author

Try this at the Layout tab, Conditional field: if(count(distinct(Field))>0,0,1)

Hope it helps!

Best,

T

Not applicable
Author

To add to this, sometimes weird behaviour is scene when your chart is a copy of another chart. If that is the case, then try creating a new chart from scratch.

Thanks,

Singh