Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Problem with conditional show of row in a table

Hello,

I am experiencing the following problem with Qlikview.

I have the following table and I want to show only the row with "TipoRecord=C" when for each Mese (say Mese=10) there are both value (C and P).

While when for the field 'Mese' there is only "TipoRecord=P" , then it should show the row for P.

The rationale is that since

C= "at cost"

P= "forecast"

there is no need to show forecast (P) when I have the actual value (C).

Thank you in advance,

6 Replies
jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Hi

Assuming that Mese is a dimension on your chart/table, then this should work:

If(Count({<TipoRecord={'C'}>} TipoRecord) > 0,

Sum({<TipoRecord={'C'}>} Amount),

Sum({<TipoRecord={'P'}>} Amount)

)

Hope that helps

Jonathan

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
Not applicable
Author

Hi Jonathan,

I tried your solution, but it does not work

Not applicable
Author

Hi Jonhatan,

I attach a qvw file, so you can see by yourself if I applied your solution in the right way.

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

in the mean time, I resolved the problem by myself and I post the solution just for future reference.

=If(aggr(count([tipo record]),mese, anno)>1,

aggr(sum({<[tipo record]={'C'}>}[costo totale]),mese, anno),

aggr(sum([costo totale]),mese, anno)

)

Not applicable
Author

Dear Jonathan,

please could you help me to understand why your solution does not work?

Actually I found that my solution works if the dimensions are fixed in the table, however in my real production table I have a table where the dimensions are mobile (I have a filter and  I can select which dimension to show and which dimension to hide).

so in that case my solution does not work, but your solution could work as it is dimensions-indipendent.

Hope I have explain the problem, but ask me if something it is not clear, thanks for your help in any case.

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Hi

I think it is working correctly, at least in the way I understood your question. In your example qvd:

2006/01 has for 'C' a value of 330 and for 'P' a value of 278. The expression returns 330.

2006/05 has a value of 847 for 'C', The expression returns 847.

2009/06 has a value of 284 for 'P' and no value for 'C'. The expression returns 284.

Perhaps you confused things by leaving [tipo record] as a dimension? Or else I have not correctly understood your requirement.

Regards

Jonathan

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein