Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Problem with showing the reusult as a text in the gauge chart!

Hi All,

I am not getting the correct result when I want to display the result as a text in the chart though I am using the same expression which I used in the expression tab. Whereas in the other chart I am able to get the correct result by using the same expression which was used in the expression tab but why not the these two gauge chart(Revenue v Last Year and Margin v Last Year as shown in the screen shot) is not showing the expected result.

I am not able to find out where is he mistake! Hope some one can help me out.

error loading image

8 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

You're using a dimension in the gauge "Revenue v Last Year", LimitYTD. In order for the dimensionless "Text in Chart" to return the same value you need to aggregate over the dimension value like this:

=num(sum(aggr(Sum(SalesAmountThisYear)/Sum(Sales1YrAgo), LimitYTD)),'0.00%')

Take a look at aggr() in the reference manual and F1-help for clarification

llauses243
Creator III
Creator III

Hi,

To test with this ...

Sum

(TOTAL SalesAmountThisYear)/Sum(TOTAL Sales1YrAgo)

good luck

Not applicable
Author

Hi Johannes,

Many thanks to you! It is working perfectly!

Not applicable
Author

Hi Johannes,

Can you please find it out why there is a problem in the "AR - Day Sales O/S" Gauge chart. The result which I am showing in the chart and actual result seems to be mismatching though I use the expression that has been sent by you. Requesting you to look into it and provide some solution for me.

Screen shot for better understanding:

Not applicable
Author

Hi llauses,

Thanks for your help!

I tried with the solution provided by you. It gives the same result.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Johannes,

Did you found out why it is not showing the exact value in the chart? Please find it out and let me know.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Both values are correct since you have values associated with null values in the dimension, LimitYTD.

Anyway, if you add an if-statement to the little text object to check for null values in the dimension you should get the same values as in the gauge itself:

=num(sum(aggr(if(len(LimitYTD)>0,Sum(ARAgeBal)/Sum(ARSalesPerDay)), LimitYTD)),'0.0')

Not applicable
Author

Hi Johannes,

Many thanks to you! It is working perfectly!