Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Problems with data transfer from Qlikview to Excel

Hi all Qlikview users

In my company, users are experiencing problems with data transfer from Qlikview to Excel.

In the Qlikview accounting model, the users often selects data transfer to Excel ("send to Excel").

Users expects that Excel only should open. Instead a combination of Internett Explorer and Excel occurs on the screen. This is confusing for the user and we are trying correct this problem. This problems occurs on the end user PC's and in our citrix instance, but not from an other server in the network used for Qlikview development.

I am quit shure this problem is caused by any windows parameter controlling how how excel data occurs in internet explorer, and not how the Qlikview model is designed.

Please see attached file as well for more information.

Has anyone any suggestion to solve this problem.

Thanks in advance.

Best regards

Gunnar B Melby

Energiselskapet Buskerud (EB)

Norway

3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

This is not a solution but have you tried to use another browser other than IE for example Chrome?

Try this and see if you get the same results.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Nils

We tried with Chrome browser last week, that worked fine.

Any way we solved the problem by updating a parameter in Registry for hour PC's and citrix environment.

Please see How to configure Internet Explorer to open Office documents in the appropriate Office program instea... for more information.

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

I see the URL in attached screen shot mentions Ajax. Maybe this thread could help?

Qlikview 10 Plugin AJax Zero footprint Export to Excel not working