Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

QVD Reader?

Hi,

I am trying to find a way to extract data from a large QVD file. The size of the QVD is 6.3GB. It contains over 170MM rows of data and about 30 columns. Any ideas?

Thank you,

Chris

6 Replies
Siva_Sankar
Master II
Master II

If there is any date column in the qvd file, try splitting the qvd for different years and extract the data. Or you can you try extracting the QVD with appropriate filters.

Or try using QViewer or advanced etl tools like qlikview expressor.

Not applicable
Author

I ended up just recreating the QVD as 11 TXT files of about 2/3GB each. I was looking for a tool but did not want to pay.

cristian_av
Creator III
Creator III

Hi

I use QEye, I've never used it with a 6 Gb file.. but maybe the 64 bits version will work! (it's free)

This is the link where you can find it http://www.etl-tools.com/products/q-eye-overview.html

Hope it helps.

cristian_av
Creator III
Creator III

Hi

I use QEye, I've never used it with a 6 Gb file.. but maybe the 64 bits version will work! (it's free)

This is the link where you can find it Q-Eye Freware QVD and QVX Viewer (64 bits!!)

Hope it helps.

senarath
Creator III
Creator III

Hi,

Select only the columns that you really want to load as well. Also try to make use of group by or any other meaningful filtering option.

thanx

etl_tools
Creator
Creator

You can try our Advanced ETl Processor.

it can read QVD files