Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Qlik View x-axis scrollbar to dynamically show more values as the screen widens

My users wish for the x-axis scrollbar to be visible.  When they wish to see more data, they wish to maximise or extend the size of the object, and have the graph show more data, as there is more space to show it on.  This functionality is similar to excel.

At the moment, there are 20 data points enabled, and only 20 data points are visible regardless of the size of the chart.

How can I put in a dynamic resizing, based on the available window size?  Is there any way to find the width of the window and make a function to calculate the amount of data points to display.  Please see sample screen shots.

The functionality desired is similar to when no scrollbar is shown - however a scrollbar is desired for the values not shown.

4 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Does anyone have any ideas on this?

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

I don't think there is any function for dynamic window re sizing, you can use slider for x axis value and by default set it on some value then let the user select the slider and increase/decrease the visible length according to need.

Regards,

Navdeep

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for your reply 🙂  I was hoping for some special code, to set when checking the Enable X-Axis Scrollbar, when number of items exceeds : <calculation>  I was hoping Qlik would store the width of the object somewhere, and I could perhaps derive how many objects would fit into that width.

I have just used a slider as you suggested, as this gives an improvement.  I will discuss with the users, to see if it meets their needs.  Thank you.

Not applicable
Author

I had same requirement in past and used slider :-).