Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

QlikSense: Line Charts separated by Factor/Dimension

Good Afternoon Everyone ,

So I am testing out QlikSense and trying to replicate a few things I did in QlikView. I understand they are different products and there will be some things QlikView can do which QlikSense can't, and visa versa. Each will have different limitations, which is what I am trying to find out.

So in QlikView I was able to plot the following line chart, separating temperature profiles on the dimension ID. Each sub chart shows the temperature profile of a manufacturing run from temperature recording 1 to temperature recording 6. The ID represents an individual manufacturing run. I would like to say this method was pointed out to me by Sunny T ‌ in the qlikview community post Line chart of Expressions separated by Dimension

QlikView line chart showing temperature profile of 5 manufacturing runs.

This was accomplished by transforming my data from wide to long using the crosstable() function and selecting Trellis on the dimension tab.

Is there anyway of replicating this in QlikSense.

This way my attempt, I was not able to separate ID's into sub-charts. No Trellis option .

QlikSense Line Chart showing all 5 manufacturing runs on the same axis/plot.

Tprofiles.PNG

Attached is the QlikSense app and the raw CSV file.

All advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks Steve

3 Replies
Clever_Anjos
Employee
Employee

As long as I know Sense regular objects does not support trellis.

Maybe an extension, not sure if exists

Not applicable
Author

Hello Steve,

Try this extension: http://branch.qlik.com/#!/project/5718fb1d80955830cdd6e7fb

BR,

Kuba

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for the extension Kuba. So for those interested I had a little play and this is what I was able to create. LineChartQlikSenseTrel.PNG

I am not sure why the y-axis is so far out, the points are correct the scale is just miles off. I tried to manually specify the range, but I didn't find helpful under 'Labels and Axis'.  Maybe it has something to do with the negative values of the last manufacturing run, that's just a guess.

Anyway thanks for all the help guys I am just going to put this down to a limitation.