Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sayanpwc
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Qlikview 80-20 issue

Hello friends,

Need an urgent help regarding one problem I am facing. My business requirement is to show count of material /Vendors in terms of sales percentage in a chart where in the chart x axis will represent the sales percentage sections. i. e 0-80 %,81-90%,91-100% and based on that count of material will be calculated through BAR.

So basically user want to see what is the count of material that contributes to 80% sales, what is the percentage of materials that contributes to 81-90% sales and so on...

For ex:

Material Sales  % of Total Sales

A          100               5 %

B              200             10% 

C               300               15%

D          300               15%

E          500               25%

F          500               25%

G          100                5%

So total sales is 2000. Based on that % total sales is calculated in front end. So according to that top 80% contributor materials are E,F,C,D.

So in my chart under x axis value 0-80% count of material should be 4(C,D,E,F), and rest 20 % count of material is 3(A,B,G).

How can i show this in a bar chart? Please help me.Appreciated for the help.

9 Replies
sunny_talwar

pablolabbe
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others

sayanpwc
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

=Aggr(

If(Rangesum(Above(Sum({1} Sales)/Sum({1} total Sales),1,RowNo()))<0.8, 'A',

If(Rangesum(Above(Sum({1} Sales)/Sum({1} total Sales),1,RowNo()))<0.9, 'B',

'C')),

(Product,(=Sum({1} Sales),Desc))

)

this syntax giving syntax error. Please reply what is the problem in the syntax.

sunny_talwar

Did you try clicking okay to see if you get any result?

sayanpwc
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

yes,.showing error in expression

sunny_talwar

My bad, which version of QlikView are you using? I assumed that you might be using Qlik Sense, but if you are using QlikView, this functionality is only available after QV12.1 or above

sayanpwc
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

is it? i am using qlikview 11.

sayanpwc
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

its giving syntax error. dnt know if it version issue

sunny_talwar

This won't work in QV11.2...  May be look at this thread for not so pretty work around ABC Analysis in Qlikview