cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Qlikview Beginner - Please help...

Hi all,

I hope everyone is well.

I have a problem that I am hoping someone can help me with.

What I want to do is take a file for a month, say August 11 (1st - 31st) and from here arrange/sort the data by the bill value (£) - this would be my 100% data file.  I then want to remove the bottom 5% and top 5%, giving me a 90% data file.  I then need to replicate this from the 100% file, but removing the bottom 10% and top 10%, giving me an 80% file.  Is there a way I can do this in Qlikview - I'm guessing it is something to do with ranking, but would not know how to code this, assuming I am even correct!

I have attached a file to try and demonstrate what I need to do, but let me know if you need any further information.

Thank you in advance for taking the time to help.

Simon

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
matt_crowther
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Possible solution attached (hopefully).

This uses the script to make the reduction, I've created a variable in the front-end that lets you select the % of the rows you wish to remove.

Seems to work for me, sure you'll be able to adapt it to fit your needs.

Hope that helps,

Matt - Visual Analytics Ltd

View solution in original post

3 Replies
matt_crowther
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Possible solution attached (hopefully).

This uses the script to make the reduction, I've created a variable in the front-end that lets you select the % of the rows you wish to remove.

Seems to work for me, sure you'll be able to adapt it to fit your needs.

Hope that helps,

Matt - Visual Analytics Ltd

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for getting back to me Matt - I have managed to get it to work in the spreadsheet - now I have the task of getting it to work in my main report!

Thanks again

Si

Not applicable
Author

One more thing, do I need to load the data for my main report (the excel document was just as an example) in ascending order by £value?

Thanks

Si