I have a custom font (ttf) that I have installed on the server and on my desktop. The font appears as expected in a bar chart and in a text box in desktop. When on the access point the text box has the right font but the bar chart defaults to a different font.
I have tried custom css and everything but no joy.
I couldn't tell you, because in my case, either both of these objects reverted to Times Roman, or both started using the correct font.
On average, only the IE plugin and the Desktop (when used as a client) will load fonts that are installed locally in Windows. The Ajax client may load local fonts, but not always. If you plan to force a specific font towards all your users, install the font as a webfont and push it to the browsers via css.