Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Qlikview certification developer tips

Hello,

I just failed the exam with 69% correct, but needed 75%.

The hardest questions for me was the link table a concatenate questions. Not that i dont understand the two concepts, but its hard to decide which one is the best approach when lacking of experience:

example:

Budget table:

Product

Year

Name

Budgetamount

ActualTable:

Product

Year

Month

Date

ActualAmount

These tables create syntheic keys, how would you approch the solution eliminating syntheic keys

1: concatenate

2: left join

3: Create a concatenate key of product-year-month

4: Rename to BudgetYear and BudgetMonth

Furthermore there were questions which approach a developer would take to optimize performance.

The expressions questions are not that hard and really simple set analysis questions.

And some questions can be hard to understand or to decided what is correct, heres is an example:

When should a developer make a new tab in edit script

1: when code exceeds 255 lines

2: When he first time access edit script

3: when the script is no more logically related

A thing i dont understand is that there is no feedback, so i dont know where im good and where im wrong. So next time i might could study an area to be better!

22 Replies
Not applicable
Author

YES: Henric is creating a post a week.

All posts by HIC are very interesting and should be read if you want to learn QV. Therefore, I would recommand that you read all his posts, if you have time to do it.

Fabrice

Not applicable
Author

Hi Thomas Jensen,

First of all, thank you for your nice post.

Can you please send me your email address to talk more about your experience with QV Certification Exam?

Thank you in advance!

Not applicable
Author

Question 1:  Not sure if something got lost in translation when you transposed, but the only possible solution is 1) Concatenate.  Creating a key field is great, but you would also need to manipulate the field names in order to remove the synthetic key.  Concatenate is the only option that keeps the data accurate and removes the syn key.

Question 2: Tabs in the script are generally used for organization and readability. The best answer is 3), as it pertains to organizing the script.