Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Qlikview certification developer tips

Hello,

I just failed the exam with 69% correct, but needed 75%.

The hardest questions for me was the link table a concatenate questions. Not that i dont understand the two concepts, but its hard to decide which one is the best approach when lacking of experience:

example:

Budget table:

Product

Year

Name

Budgetamount

ActualTable:

Product

Year

Month

Date

ActualAmount

These tables create syntheic keys, how would you approch the solution eliminating syntheic keys

1: concatenate

2: left join

3: Create a concatenate key of product-year-month

4: Rename to BudgetYear and BudgetMonth

Furthermore there were questions which approach a developer would take to optimize performance.

The expressions questions are not that hard and really simple set analysis questions.

And some questions can be hard to understand or to decided what is correct, heres is an example:

When should a developer make a new tab in edit script

1: when code exceeds 255 lines

2: When he first time access edit script

3: when the script is no more logically related

A thing i dont understand is that there is no feedback, so i dont know where im good and where im wrong. So next time i might could study an area to be better!

1 Solution
22 Replies
Not applicable
Author

already have the book - and did the book! But still there is things that are not in this book imo!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

got 70% buddy..same question tricked me..now studying for resit...do you remember many questions?

Not applicable
Author

sorry not really. but alot of concatenated and link table questions.

Not applicable
Author

can u remember any?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

i only remember  the simple  few.....cardinality(many to many), normalized and denormalized tables, number of keys in a table(it had two keys), there was one on load script and identify the errors, another one on joins(two tables with columns A, B, C), bar graph(which chart will be suitable to represent customer data)

just remember a few.

tresesco
MVP
MVP

thomas jensen wrote:

When should a developer make a new tab in edit script

1: when code exceeds 255 lines

2: When he first time access edit script

3: when the script is no more logically related

I think, this is pretty simple to answer: right option is 3

And

When you say,

thomas jensen wrote:

The hardest questions for me was the link table a concatenate questions. Not that i dont understand the two concepts, but its hard to decide which one is the best approach when lacking of experience:

Please find the attached document, hope that would help you.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

sure..the answer is option 3...just to  say  the link table  contains columns that are in both tables say A and  B....Concatenate will merge...i know these are  pretty simple concepts ...applying them is the experience part ..which i do not have as well.

blog by HIC also helps

Guys here are also helpful...am confident of the pass this time round...on 19th Dec

thanks for the book...

Not applicable
Author

when should synetic keys be removed?  - Cause they actually are not bad in all cases.

what should one do to prevent loop?