Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Ranking with multiple dimensions. (rank changes when sorting)

Hello, I apologize if this has been answered before I have searched for a solution with no avail.

I am trying to create a table with my company's sales ranking in different countries over time, I have multiple dimensions,

Country & Brand and I want to rank the current month and the previous month to track changes. I have used Set analysis to disregard selections in Country and to force a specific month in the ranking and it works when viewing the entire table sorted on country.

I do however want to display only my own company in the table and when I either try to limit the view or sort on company the rankings change to show which country is ranked best for each company

What I want to accomplish in the attached example is show all countries,only company X, and the ranking company X has in that country.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
lironbaram
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

have a look at the attach examples

it uses aggr function to disregard brand selection for the ranking function

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Edit*

I realized I made a typo in the sample file, the volume columns in the table should say "Previous Months Value" and "Current Month's Value"

lironbaram
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

have a look at the attach examples

it uses aggr function to disregard brand selection for the ranking function

Not applicable
Author

Liron,

First of all thank you for taking the time to try and help me with this.

Your example works in the sense that it maintains the ranking when I select a Brand or sort on a Brand, however it seems to be ranking the country within the brand as opposed to the brand within the country.

For example company X is getting rank 1 in the country it is selling the most etc. What I am trying to show is the rank of company X against the other companies in a given country.

Thanks again

/Chris

lironbaram
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

have a look at the attach example

Not applicable
Author

Hi again, Thanks a bunch, Your second example seems to do the trick by using a Pivot. I Also managed to achieve the effect by switching the order of Brand,Country in your original formulas.  Again thanks so much   I have been racking my head about this for a week.