Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Recording Rate of Change

Hi All,

I have a question I was hoping you may be able to help me with. I am trying to record a percentage change in the number of values between the points on the line chart. I'm still unsure about the particular visualisation method, my I need qlikview to compute a % increase/decrease in a number of observations between each to dates on my chart (I use dates as a dimension). Right now my expression looks like that:

((Sum(FLAG_P11) - sum({<[Trade Date] = {$(=Date([Trade_Date]-1))}>} FLAG_P11)/sum({<[Trade Date] = {$(=Date([Trade_Date]-1))}>} FLAG_P11))*100

The sum(...) expressions sum up my observations for each date, and I think my set analysis expression {$(=Date([Trade_Date]-1))} which was intended to return the previous date is the source of the problem. I am quite new to qlikview and don't really know how to write a correct set analysis command to return flags at the date less than a day.

I hope it makes sense and someone is able to help!

Thank you so much in advance!

3 Replies
tresesco
MVP
MVP

Set analysis with date field is always a bit tricky, date formats (of field itself and the returned date by expression) have to be similar. If you could share a sample qvw, could be looked into. Check this for sharing qvw: Preparing examples for Upload - Reduction and D... | Qlik Community

Not applicable
Author

Thank you so much for your offer, but I can't really share the file even in a reduced form - work requirements. Sorry to be ungrateful/uncooperative!

gshockxcc
Creator
Creator

Hi Adam,

I am interested in a similar example.  Could you post a sample file with bogus data?  It doesn't even have to be relevant to your work example.  Rate of change is applied the same way, no matter the propriety of the data.